UN Volunteer assignments are advertised on our Unified Volunteering Platform. In order to apply for assignments, candidates need to register in our Global Talent Pool.
In order to create an account on UNV’s Unified Volunteering Platform (UVP), you must be at least 18 years old. Creating a full profile should take about 45 minutes. You can access your account at any time to add information and keep your profile up to date.
- Enter basic information to create an account on UNV’s Unified Volunteering Platform. You will receive an automated message with a numeric verification code. Copy the code into the respective field to finish creating your account.
- In your new account, you will see a task on your dashboard requiring you to complete your profile. Click on the task and enter full information regarding your skills, educational qualifications and experience.
- After completing all the required fields, click on the button to submit.
- You can now browse available Descriptions of Assignment and apply to those matching your qualifications, skills and experience.
A few points to note:
- You can create your profile in English, French or Spanish. However, be aware that profiles in French or Spanish will be considered primarily for assignments in French- or Spanish-speaking countries. If you are fluent in English, we recommend that you complete your profile in English.
- Bear in mind that the details provided in your profile are the only source of information for UNV when matching candidates with Descriptions of Assignment. It is, therefore, in your best interest to provide comprehensive information. This includes describing the main tasks and responsibilities you had in past professional experience in a clear manner and making full use of the space available.
- When applying for volunteer assignments, you will be asked to complete a short application form. While you can copy past applications when applying again, we recommend that you tailor each application to the specific volunteer assignment. The applications of shortlisted candidates will be shared with the host entity, together with your UNV profile.
- You will be alerted if mandatory fields are missing, as only complete profiles can be submitted.
- You may copy and paste information from your electronic CV, but you can neither upload your CV, nor submit it by email.
You can update your UNV profile at any time by logging in to the Unified Volunteering Platform. You should access your profile at least once per year to keep it active.